View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 Apr 2020, 09:54

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Freshers Week 
SPOOK

Post Re: Freshers Week
Ok, I've just bought tickets for everyone up to and including Laura. Sorry Jane I didn't have time to check the forum before I got in the queue - I've just bought some more tickets online though so you'll definitely get one! I'll also have 2 spares if anyone else wants one?

Everything seems to be selling out very quickly this year - tonight's Pop Tarts and Roar are both sold out and apparently Population had about a hundred tickets left when I got to the front of the queue, so I expect that's gone as well by now.

Monday pub will be at the Fox and Duck, from about 8ish onwards. Also going to suggest that we meet at the Dev Cat before Corp on Wednesday rather than Bar One because a) it's nearer so we can keep an eye on the entry queue and b) Bar One will be rammed. I'll edit the first post with these changes.

EDIT: Just picked up Jane's ticket and the 2 spares. Population has definitely sold out too!

18 Sep 2010, 13:57
SPOOK

Reminder: Fox and Duck tonight from 8 onwards.

Apparently Corp are actually doing tickets for once this week but you can get in without them if you get there early enough (which is what we'll aim to do).

20 Sep 2010, 15:14
SPOOK

Ok, rough plan for tomorrow:

Meet at Bar One at 8, possibly getting a quick drink there depending on the bar queues, then head to the Devonshire Cat for about 8.30. Feel free to just meet us at the Dev Cat if it's easier for you or whatever. From there we'll keep an eye on the queue for Corp and go in before it gets overly long. After that, well...

21 Sep 2010, 16:57
Novice

Is the plan to eat at Dev Cat?

21 Sep 2010, 18:23
Captain

eating is cheating

21 Sep 2010, 18:52
Profile WWW
SPOOK

Eating at the Dev Cat wasn't specifically part of the plan - we don't have a table booked or anything like that for example. That said, there's nothing to stop people from getting food if they want to, just bear in mind that we might have to get into Corp fairly early to avoid the queues. If you want to eat it might be better if you don't meet us at Bar One but go straight to the Dev Cat and order, and then we'll meet you there.

21 Sep 2010, 19:41
Old Timer

wooo so what's the pre pop tarts plan? Bar One around half 8 sound alright or do people want to pub it somewhere first?

24 Sep 2010, 20:12
SPOOK

Was going to say Fox and Duck for half 8 moving to Bar One for 10ish? Figure Bar One might get a bit too crowded to want to pre-drink in for the whole evening.

Also, all my tickets have now been spoken for so I won't have any spares on the night.

24 Sep 2010, 20:38
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2