View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 Apr 2020, 09:03

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 shuoc BBQ 
Predator

Post shuoc BBQ
we should have a BBQ after exams.or some sort of get together where we can do something fun :)

20 May 2011, 12:29
Webmaster

Post Re: shuoc BBQ
I reckon on the last thursday do hills on the long grassy hill in bingham, and have a BBQ straight afrer (assuming the weather's still good).

20 May 2011, 12:54
I like trains

Why don't we have another Kinder Sports Day? Maybe could link it up with the Edale Show which includes a short fell race (with possibly the fastest descent in the peak district). This is the Sunday after exams finish.

22 May 2011, 20:44
Predator

oooh that sounds good, i've heard of kinder sports days haha, yea if everyones still here that weekend after exams that sounds like a good plan

23 May 2011, 10:19
SPOOK

Edale Country Day on the Sunday is a must in the local Fell Calender that weekend. It is also perfectly runnable with a hangover - I won a bottle of wine for 1st U20 in 1st year (not appreciated after the previous night), Wil threw up and Charli nearly passed out. As BommyT suggests the descent off Grindslow (if you know the line to it) is awesome fun. Watching it may be as fun for those not man enough to try it.
Kinder Sports was great last year, and no-one that I know of got food poisoning from the BBQ at John's afterwards - all in all a bonus!

24 May 2011, 00:09
Profile WWW
SPOOK

Yup the descent off Grindslow is brilliant (although I've never done it under race conditions/without carrying an injury) so I reckon calling that weekend for Kinder Sports is a good shout.

Sports day on the Saturday, Pop tarts in the evening then race on the Sunday as per last year?

EDIT: Set up a facebook event for it.

24 May 2011, 18:21
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]